You’ve found properties on the MLS you’re interested in seeing, we’ve set up your showings and we head out soon! Before we hit the showings here are a few important things to know:
- Wear comfortable slip on shoes as we may be asked to remove our shoes in some homes.
- If a lot of sunlight is important to you in a home, then try to do showings during daylight hours.
- Dress for the weather. The walkway or driveway may be snowy, icy, muddy, etc. The house may or may not have AC or heat turned on.
- Don’t assume we’ll be able to use the restroom so plan accordingly.
- Focus on the property not their furnishings, artwork, etc. as you’re buying the property not their stuff.
- Avoid touching furniture or personal items as we don’t want to be responsible should something break.
- Remind children not to play with the toys and things they see in the house.
- The home inspection comes AFTER a contract is agreed upon and signed by both the buyer and seller. During a typical showing we should not be in the crawl spaces, attic, etc.
- Some homes will have security cameras (nest, ring, google) in their homes. Be aware of what you say and do. Keep personal discussions to a minimum, ie. how much you can afford, what kind of offer you want to make on the home, etc.
- Bring drinks and snacks as looking at homes can be grueling!
Generally the day before we are scheduled to look at homes we will set up where we are meeting and when. If you prefer we pick you up and drive, that’s perfectly fine, just let us know at least one day in advance.
Now let’s go see some homes!