Step 5 to Selling Your Home: Repair Time
If you did pre-market inspections, we should already have a list of major items that need to be fixed. If not and your dishwasher hasn’t been working for years or your AC unit has been making an unusually loud noise, we need to know so we can have those items repaired before your home goes on the market.
It’s better to get some items fixed now before they come up in an inspection report.. We have access to affordable repair people: electricians, handymen, etc.. We are happy to make repair appointments and even be at your home to let workers in and oversee the work. In general, we always recommend:
- Touching up the paint in your home
- Installing new caulk around every shower and tub
- Hiring a professional HVAC company to service and clean both your AC unit and furnace
- Hiring a company to steam clean your carpets
- Making sure all light bulbs are working and that every light fixture contains bright white bulbs with no yellow tint
- If you have a wood burning fireplaces have chimneys professionally swept and add a rain cap. If any brick is loose have it repaired.
- Changing outdated cabinet hardware in kitchens and bathrooms
- Repairing any broken window screens at your local Ace Hardware or Home Depot
- Testing all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they are functioning properly (required by Law)
- Making sure downspouts aren’t improperly sloped or damaged in single family homes. If they are, have them repaired.
- Repairing any damaged, broken or missing roof shingles if you own a single family home
Questions? Call us at (303) 667-9442 or (303) 257-2038.